Top 5 Best Free Online Certifications, Courses & Training
Our team of global e-learning experts have done in depth research to come up with this compilation of 5 Best Free Online Certifications, Courses and Training available Online for 2020. We are sure it will help you find what you are looking for.
1. LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)
One of the widest range of courses and classes can be found online for free on LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com). You will get to learn the most in demand tech, management and creative skills from industry experts which will help you add value to your work, while helping you grow in your career. A lot of people know LinkedIn Learning as the erstwhile Lynda.com, which had famously captured the mind and attention of e-learning lovers all over the world. After being taken over by LinkedIn, Lynda has now been re-branded as LinkedIn Learning. You may be interested in having a look at some of the Best Lynda Courses.
- Thousands of courses to choose from across diverse set of domains like business, technology, data science, marketing and much more.
- All courses are effectively free, since the first month on the platform is a trial period. So you can enroll in and complete any course of your choice at zero cost
- Thousands of skilled instructors from prestigious organisations and universities have created these courses, so you get top notch quality
- It comes with the backing and support of LinkedIn Platform, so you can easily add skills to your profile, thus increasing your chances of finding a better job / better opportunity
With an impressive array of top colleges and universities such as MIT, Harvard, Berkeley on their panel, they are one impressive place to hone your skills online. Free online certification courses and training programs ranging from Project Management, Data Science, Computer Science to even TOEFL preparation courses among language courses like that around Mandarin are present. You will find some of the best business certifications, online certifications, free online it training and much more. You may also want to check out Best edX Courses available online.
How to access Free University Certification Courses on edX
- Go to edX <- Click here to access free courses
- Sign up with social media log in or your personal details
- Once in, choose a course and then look for ‘Audit This Course’ option.
- This will allow you to go through major parts of the course at no cost!
What seems to still be a secret for many is the fact that almost all programs on global university training partner Coursera are now available for free, for a short duration that is. What matters here is the part that you can simply choose a training program you seem to have a liking for, and then enroll to it at no cost, and evaluate the same by yourself.
If after a few days you like it enough you can pay and continue further, otherwise you can not pay and enjoy the free content while it lasts. Sounds like a sweet deal to us! On Coursera, you will find free business certifications, free online training courses, free it certifications and much more. You may also want to check out the list of the Best Coursera Certifications.
How to access Free Certification Courses on Coursera
- Log on to Coursera <- Click here for free classes
- Look for the Join for Free icon. Click, enter your details and join.
- Alternately, search for your favorite course on Coursera, then enroll and join for free.
4. Harvard University
Well yeah you heard that right. Harvard is offering a lot of free courses online via their own website as well as edX. You will find a wide range of learning content from across Harvard’s schools, initiatives, and programs on their portal.
This includes multitude of subjects to learn about including Religion courses, Data Science programs, Computer Science Principles, Divination Systems and much more. A real treat if you ask us, and then you have that Harvard accreditation to show too.
- It’s Harvard and It’s free.
- Courses are available on edX so you can easily study online through their web portal or mobile app.
- You can be assured of top notch learning with some of the world’s best professors.
- Courses are divided as per instructional level – Introductory, Intermediate and Advanced.
- In addition to edX, courses are also available across platforms such as GetSmarter, HBX, HMX, iTunes, YouTube and some more.
One hidden gem not many know about is TedEd. Yes that’s the same famous TED, but in this case, its a collection of best courses and lessons to help everybody learn. You will find interesting lessons on topics such as Business & Economics, Literature & Language, Mathematics, Philosophy & Religion, Social Studies and even Teaching & Education. You can access all courses right here.
- Includes subjects like Business & Economics, Literature & Language, Philosophy & Religion among others.
- Lot of crisp short term video tutorials to help you get a quick grasp on a subject.
- Hundreds of contributors from all over the world have created courses on the platform.
- Includes the TED-Ed Clubs program that helps students discover, explore and present big ideas in TED-style talks
Headquartered at United Kingdom, Future Learn has already reached out to 7,5000,000+ students worldwide in helping them learn via free online Certifications courses from top universities and specialist organisations. They help you learn new skills and pursue your interests to make you advance in your career. Some of their course categories include Business & Management, Health and Psychology, Tech & Coding, Teaching in addition to History, Languages & Culture, Law as well as literature.
Wow is the word! This website offers thousands (17,000+ to be precise) of courses and online lessons across categories such as Design, Business, Technology, Photography, Film, Writing, Crafts and much more, all for, believe it or not, FREE! Yes you heard that correct, this ‘netflix for education’ gives you access to all its online training for absolutely free for two whole months.
Udemy has got some of the best courses by some amazing trainers all over the world. These are people who have been working in a certain domain for over decades, people who have taught at some of the biggest colleges globally, and have taught thousands of students online.
The tutorials and courses created by them are highly rated, well curated and regularly updated. All that makes Udemy a favorite destination for students and professionals looking for affordable and free courses online. On completion of a course, you get a certificate of completion. You may also be interested in checking out Best Udemy Courses Online.
We’ll be honest this one’s more for the students than professionals. But if you are looking for some nice content and courses on topics like Microeconomics, Finance & Capital Markets, SAT, GMAT or even entrepreneurship, then Khan Academy offers nice courses that are available for absolutely free.
Alison is an entirely free e-learning website which primarily makes its money from running ads on their platform. This allows them to offer many thousands of courses and certificate programs at absolutely no charge to participants. You will also find free diploma programs online on their portal, and tutorials are structured in different levels and duration.
So that was our compilation of some of the best free websites where you can enhance and upgrade your skills with Free Online Certifications, Courses and Training. Hope one or more them helped you find what you were looking for. As we come across more good sources, we will keep adding the same to this list.